The Kamado Joe Pizza Stone allows you to bake restaurant-quality pizza at home. The Pizza Stone distributes heat evenly and absorbs excess moisture for a pizza that comes out hot, full of flavour with a crispy crust. While we call it a Pizza Stone, it is really a “Baking Stone”. You can use to bake breads, cookies, hot appetisers, casseroles–virtually anything you bake in an indoor oven.
Caring for your Pizza Stone is easy, and here are a few things to keep in mind. Your Pizza Stone will darken with use, and this is normal. Your Pizza Stone is ready to use. You should not season it with olive oil or other cooking oils. The Kamado Joe Heat Deflector must be used with the Pizza Stone to avoid burning the pizza.
The Pizza Stone will darken over time and this is normal. Cleaning solutions should not be used, because they will be absorbed into the stone. If you have drippings that have charred, simply brush off as much as possible with a wire BBQ brush and store in a dry place.
- Do not place a hot Pizza Stone on tables or surfaces that are not heat-resistant.
- Do not use the Pizza Stone to cook on a stove top.
- Do not season the Pizza Stone with olive oil or other cooking oils.
- Do not soak in water (It may cause the pizza stone to crack with the next use).
- Do not use cleaning chemicals or clean with soap and water.
- Do not leave the Pizza Stone in an oven during self-cleaning mode (It may crack or shatter).
4 in stock